RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The opera “Maria Stuarda” staring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato as Mary Tudor is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse Jan. 18 as a part of The Met Live in HD.
Director David McVicar turns to the second opera of Donizetti's Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Soprano Elza van den Heever will be performing Elizabeth I with conductor Maurizio Benini.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $18 season, $15 students, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You