RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The opera “Maria Stuarda” staring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato as Mary Tudor is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse Jan. 18 as a part of The Met Live in HD.
Director David McVicar turns to the second opera of Donizetti's Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Soprano Elza van den Heever will be performing Elizabeth I with conductor Maurizio Benini.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $18 season, $15 students, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield