RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The opera “Maria Stuarda” staring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato as Mary Tudor is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse Jan. 18 as a part of The Met Live in HD.
Director David McVicar turns to the second opera of Donizetti's Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Soprano Elza van den Heever will be performing Elizabeth I with conductor Maurizio Benini.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $18 season, $15 students, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report