RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The opera “Maria Stuarda” staring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato as Mary Tudor is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse Jan. 18 as a part of The Met Live in HD.
Director David McVicar turns to the second opera of Donizetti's Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Soprano Elza van den Heever will be performing Elizabeth I with conductor Maurizio Benini.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $18 season, $15 students, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online.
- 1 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 4 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million
- 5 Greenwich Hospital Unveils Honor For Retiring CEO Frank Corvino