GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation will welcome The Glamour Girls Swing at Byram Park in June.
The Glamour Girls Swing performance is scheduled for 5 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 14, at Byram Park. The group will perform "their own unique renditions of many of the popular songs of the 1940s and into the early 1950s," according to a press release.
Songs will include some of the greatest hits made famous by The Andrews Sisters and The McGuire Sisters and some of the most recognizable swing favorites and standards of the World War II era, according to the release.
"Patriotic selections and military theme songs are also included in the mix," representatives said. "With a show highlighted by choreographed stage moves and '40s-era dress, The Glamour Girls Swing will take you on a trip back in time, and bring back a lot of great memories. They will be performing songs like 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy,' 'In the Mood,' 'Rum & Coca Cola,' 'Moonlight Serenade,' 'Sincerely,' 'Something's Gotta Give and many others. Their performance is designed for all ages and is guaranteed to either get you up and dancing -- or at least tapping your toes from your seat."
Residents are invited to bring the family, a picnic dinner, relax and listen to music at Byram Park.
For more information on all special events or concerts, visit the Parks and Recreation website or call 618-7649.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party