NEW CANAAN, Conn. – NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams will moderate a 2012 post-election forum Nov. 18 as part of the New Canaan Library’s Richard Salant Lecture Series.
The library will host “The Election and the Next Four Years: An Evening With Brian Williams and Distinguished Guests” at 6 p.m. Nov. 18 at New Canaan High School. Williams will moderate a discussion with CNN political analyst David Gergen, advocate and philanthropist Peter Goldmark and Joe Scarborough, host of the MSNBC program "Morning Joe."
Williams and the panel will examine the 2012 presidential election, looking at both the outcome and implications for the future.
The Richard Salant Lecture Series and the library’s Richard Salant Room are named for Salant, a former president of CBS News whose tenure in the 1960s and 1970s included the news challenges of the Vietnam War and Watergate. Salant lived in New Canaan for 37 years before his death in 1993.
Previous Salant Lecture speakers have included Walter Cronkite, Mike Wallace, Andy Rooney, Charles Osgood, Lesley Stahl, Williams, Bob Schieffer, Connie Chung, Cokie Roberts, Tom Brokaw, Sean McManus and Roger Goodman.
For additional information about this year’s Salant Lecture, contact Susan LaPerla at 203-594-5007 or visit newcanaanlibrary.org. All library programs are free and open to the public but registration is required online or by phone at 203-594-5040.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party