RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The New York Metropolitan Opera will send its production of Mozart’s “La Clemenza di Tito” to the Ridgefield Playhouse in high definition on Dec. 3.
Staring mezzo-soprano Elïna Garanča as Sesto, tenor Giuseppe Filianoti as Tito and soprano Barbara Frittoli as Vitellia, this production is a part of the opera’s “Live in HD” series.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
Mozart's opera is the first of three "Live in HD" presentations. Verdi's "Un Ballo in Maschera" will be shown on Sunday, December 9, at 6 p.m. And Verdi's classic "Aida" will be shown twice on Saturday, December 15, at 12:55 and 6 p.m..
Tickets, $216 for the 12-opera season, $25 adults, $20 members, $15 students, are available by calling the Ridgefield Playhouse box office at 203-438-5795 or on its website.
- 1 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million