RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The New York Metropolitan Opera will send its production of Mozart’s “La Clemenza di Tito” to the Ridgefield Playhouse in high definition on Dec. 3.
Staring mezzo-soprano Elïna Garanča as Sesto, tenor Giuseppe Filianoti as Tito and soprano Barbara Frittoli as Vitellia, this production is a part of the opera’s “Live in HD” series.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
Mozart's opera is the first of three "Live in HD" presentations. Verdi's "Un Ballo in Maschera" will be shown on Sunday, December 9, at 6 p.m. And Verdi's classic "Aida" will be shown twice on Saturday, December 15, at 12:55 and 6 p.m..
Tickets, $216 for the 12-opera season, $25 adults, $20 members, $15 students, are available by calling the Ridgefield Playhouse box office at 203-438-5795 or on its website.
- 1 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk