RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The New York Metropolitan Opera will send its production of Mozart’s “La Clemenza di Tito” to the Ridgefield Playhouse in high definition on Dec. 3.
Staring mezzo-soprano Elïna Garanča as Sesto, tenor Giuseppe Filianoti as Tito and soprano Barbara Frittoli as Vitellia, this production is a part of the opera’s “Live in HD” series.
The audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
Mozart's opera is the first of three "Live in HD" presentations. Verdi's "Un Ballo in Maschera" will be shown on Sunday, December 9, at 6 p.m. And Verdi's classic "Aida" will be shown twice on Saturday, December 15, at 12:55 and 6 p.m..
Tickets, $216 for the 12-opera season, $25 adults, $20 members, $15 students, are available by calling the Ridgefield Playhouse box office at 203-438-5795 or on its website.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station