GREENWICH, Conn. -- Students in grades 6 through 12 can be a part of the Greenwich Library’s regularly scheduled teen programs.
Here are some of the events for March:
- Wednesdays, March 2 and 16 at 7 p.m., Student Leadership Council Meeting: Enthusiastic student leaders in grades 6 through 8 meet at teen central on the second floor to brainstorm about using library resources to initiate and execute projects relevant to their peer group in exchange for community service hours. Refreshments will be served.
- Thursdays, March 3 and 17 at 7 p.m., Student Leadership Council Meeting: Students in grades 8 through 12 gather at teen central on the second floor to brainstorm about using library resources to initiate and execute projects relevant to their peer group in exchange for community service hours. Refreshments will be served.
- Friday, March 4 at 7 p.m., Friday Night Chess National Master Rich Jackson will provide instruction, supervise play and challenge students to an occasional match. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Bring a love of the game or a desire to learn.
- Tuesday, March 15 from 4 to 5 p.m. Create at Greenwich Library How-To Tuesday: Students in grades six through have fun with DIY crafts and maker projects. How-To Tuesday explores different topic each month in a STEAM based hands-on format. Contact Siobhan Schugmann at 203-625-6536 for more information.
- Thursday, March 24 at 4:30 p.m, Middle School Book Club for literature fans in grades 6 through 8. This month’s book is "The Winterling" by Sarah Prineas. Register for the program and pick up a copy of the book at the 2nd floor reference desk.
- Wednesday, March 9 from 3 to 6 p.m. The Annual Student Shakespeare Competition in the Cole Auditorium. All are welcome, no tickets required.
For more information about Greenwich Library programs for students in grades 6 through 12, contact teen services librarian Ed Morrissey at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 203-622-7918, or visit their website .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.