Balancing Screen Time at Home with Liz Driscoll Jorgensen
Friday, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:00pm
397 Round Hill Road, Greenwich, CT 06831
Suggested donation: $10/family; $5/person
Balancing Screen Time at Home with Liz Driscoll Jorgensen, psychotherapist and Director of Insight Counseling, Friday, February 22 at Round Hill Community House. Family supper 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Games and Activities for children and Screen Time Forum for adults and teens 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Families are invited to the Round Hill Community House for a chili supper with all the fixings. Then the children will play organized games (non-electronic) at the Community House while adults and teens move to the Sanctuary for an important discussion about balancing screen time at home. Topics will include:
• How to set and maintain reasonable and healthy limits to keep your child balanced in a technology-driven world
• How to regain control over excessive screen use and reestablish access as a “privilege”
• Why digital technology is so addictive and the Internet so powerful
• When media and digital technology are becoming a problem
• How excessive screen time impact functioning at home, school, with friends, and family relationships
• How to better manage time and how to use other coping skills to reduce anxiety and boredom
Liz Driscoll Jorgensen is a certified alcohol and drug counselor, psychotherapist, and director of Insight Counseling, LLC in Ridgefield, CT. Liz has over 26 years of experience as a therapist with adolescents and their families. She also brings her added experience as a wife and mother of four children. Liz has presented nationally including programs at Harvard University and Dartmouth College. She is well known and respected for her humor and practical advice for parents. Liz was honored with the 1994 Congressional Award for her activity as an educator and her contributions to the field of substance abuse prevention and treatment.
Suggested donation: $10/family, $5/person. (Snow date: Friday, March 15)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-869-1091.