GREENWICH, Conn. – The sixth annual Greenwich Wine + Food Festival is less than a month away.
The Sept. 23-24 event at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park will benefit Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Wholesome Wave and the Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation.
There are some new additions to this year’s event. Friday’s Master Chef Dinner, hosted by Adam Richman, will feature the 2016 class of Most Innovative Chefs serving their signature dishes. In addition to the previously announced 10 chefs, Gregori Pena and Eric Haugen of The National in Greenwich, have been announced. Confirmed Ambassador Chefs who also will be serving up their favorite dishes include Jes Bengston (Brick and Wood), Rui Correia (Douro, Gaia), Samantha Mittler (The Dessertist), Stephen Lewandowski (Harlan Social), Christian Petroni (Fortina), Nadia Ramsey (Meli-Melo) and David Snyder (Char).
Celebrity chefs Alex Guarnaschelli and Marc Murphy have been added to this year’s line-up of celebrity chef participants, and both will be special guests at the Saturday Michel Nischan VIP Sustainable Dinner.
The schedule for Saturday’s events includes:
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Grand Tasting Tent with more than 150 food and beverage vendors.
- 12:30-5:30 p.m.: Two stages and a demo tent with more than 15 cooking demonstrations and wine, beer and cocktail seminars from renowned experts and celebrity chef participants.
- 12:30-6 p.m.: Celebrity Green Room with celebrities, culinary experts and musicians being interviewed by industry experts in a luxury lounge.
- 12:30-10 p.m.: Festival VIP Tent offering private bars, secluded seating areas, private restrooms, private concert viewing area and a special VIP Sustainable Dinner hosted by Guarnaschelli, Murphy and Nischan, featuring more than a dozen local chefs serving up locally sourced and sustainable cuisine
- 3:30-4:30 p.m: The third annual Top Bartender Showdown in the Empire City Casino tent will feature area bartenders serving custom cocktails to be judged by a panel of judges, as well as offering samples to all guests.
- 4:00-8:30 p.m: The Grill Master Tent will feature samples of flavorful BBQ specialties, with local pitmasters on hand to offer grilling advice for home cooks.
- 4:45-5:45 p.m.: The fifth annual Burger Battle, hosted by Richman, will feature local restaurants serving up their custom-crafted burgers for judging by a panel of celebrity guests.
- 5-8:30 p.m.: The Ultimate Sandwich Tent will feature local restaurants, delicatessens and cafes creating unique and innovative sandwiches for attendees to sample.
- 5:45-6:30 p.m.: The Ultimate Sandwich Take-Down is a brand new event this year, featuring competitors from local restaurants, delicatessens, and cafes creating the most over-the-top sandwiches.
- 6-8 p.m: Taco Party! will feature local restaurants showing off their top tacos to taste, along with a festive cocktail.
- 6:30-10 p.m.: The Pepsi Music Stage, featuring Grammy Award winning co-headliners Ziggy Marley and Old Crow Medicine Show.
Tickets are on sale at www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203-588-1363. The event is rain or shine, and anyone under 21 will not be admitted.