GREENWICH, Conn. -- The fifth annual Greenwich Wine and Food Festival, presented by Serendipity magazine (www.greenwichwineandfood.com) and benefitting Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
The Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation, has announced the fourteen local chefs to be honored on Friday, Sept. 25 at the Most Innovative Chefs Gala at the Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich. The Serendipity 2015 Most Innovative Chefs will be celebrated as they prepare their signature dishes and inventive fare for guests.
This year’s list includes:
- Alison Awerbuch, Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock, Stamford.
- Jes Bengston, The Granola Bar of Westport, Westport.
- Beck Bolender, One Twenty One, North Salem.
- Francesco Casu, Golden View Firenze, Greenwich.
- David DiBari, The Cookery, Dobbs Ferry.
- Renato Donzelli, Basso Café, Norwalk
- Nick DiBona, Madison Kitchen, Larchmont
- Erik Erlichson, Bistro Versailles, Greenwich
- Stephen Lewandowski, Harlan Social, Stamford
- Pat Pascarella, Bar Sugo, Norwalk
- Matt Storch, The Chelsea, Fairfield and Match, Norwalk.
- David Raymer, Strada 18, Norwalk
- Luke Venner, Elm, New Canaan.
- David White, Vespa, Westport, Conn.
“We are so lucky to have such extraordinary culinary talent in our local community,” said Suni Unger, Founder & CEO of Unger Publishing, Serendipity magazine and the Greenwich Food and Wine Festival.
In addition to a Silent Auction to raise money for the selected charities, the evening will also feature a performance by The Wailers, the legendary reggae band formed by the late Bob Marley in 1969, which has sold over 250 million albums worldwide.
The Festival Most Innovative Chefs Gala is just one event in a blockbuster weekend lineup; the first Champagne Dinner Under the Stars event will take place on Thursday evening to kick off the festivities, and on Saturday, the Culinary Village, the center of the entire Greenwich Food and Wine Festival, will offer tastings and demonstrations, celebrity chef book signings, the fourth annual Burger Battle, the second annual Top Bartender’s Showdown, Barbecue & Bluegrass, and a live musical performance by Grammy and CMA award-winning country superstars Little Big Town.
Tickets are now on sale through www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203.588.1363. The event’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GreenwichFoodWineFestival, will be announcing restaurant participants and schedule updates, as available.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.