GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich St. Patrick's Day Parade is set for Sunday, March 23.
The parade will step off at 2 p.m. from Greenwich Town Hall and run through Post Road and Greenwich Avenue. The 38th annual Greenwich St Patrick's Parade is sponsored by Greenwich Hibernian Association. The parade will form at the Greenwich Town Hall at 101 Field Point Road in Greenwich.
The Greenwich Hiberian Association is a nonprofit fellowship of men and women of Irish Catholic descent. The group holds social functions, gives scholarships, and sponsors the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade in Greenwich, representatives said.
The parade route runs for 1.1 miles and starts at Town Hall and proceeds along Field Point Road to West Putnam Avenue down Greenwich Avenue to the Island Beach parking lot.
Bands from Tarrytown and Port Chester in Westchester, and Fairfield, Manchester and Trumbull, joined local boys and girls clubs in marching down Greenwich Avenue for the 2013 event.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight
- 5 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours