GREENWICH, Conn. -- Residents in need of technology training will have a plethora of events to choose from this month at the Technology Training Center at the Greenwich Library.
All year long, Greenwich library staff is available to help patrons explore new technologies and develop the skills they need to make online life more productive and enjoyable. Classes are offered in a comfortable environment for all participants, regardless of level. The free programs are one hour and are in the training center.
- Wednesday, March 9 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The Career Coach mobile classroom will offer two, two-hour Microsoft PowerPoint training sessions. Level 1 training is at 10 a.m. and level 2 at 1 p.m. The Career Coach bus is equipped with 10 computer work stations and Internet access. The bus will be parked outside the Library’s West Putnam Ave. entrance. Arrive early to sign-up.
- Monday, March 14 from 2-3:30 p.m. E-mail marketing is a powerful way to get in front of prospects, develop relationships, build trust and generate revenue. The basics of email marketing will be taught in this workshop. Attendees will leave with the skills they need to set up and test their own email campaign. Instructor: Noelle Gross.
- Wednesday, March 16 from 6-8 p.m., SCORE – Marketing to Mobile Devices, this Peterson Business program will be in the Library Meeting Room and is led by SCORE business counselor and speaker Kate Berg.
- Saturday, March 19 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., How to Cut the Cable Cord will teach you how cut your monthly cable bill, or even eliminate it, but still get access to the shows you like to watch on TV, including a discussion of the new Apple TV. Instructor: Lance Pendleton.
- Monday, March 28 at 2 p.m., Streaming TV will attendees will learn how to stream video from Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Amazon Prime and hoopla. Discover the service that works best.
The library is at 101 W. Putnam Ave. Call 203-622-7900 or visit www.greenwichlibrary.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.