STAMFORD, Conn. -- Curtain Call has announced the local celebrities who will perform in its "Dancing With The Stars" benefit event on May 17 at The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
Curtain Call, which made the announcement Wednesday, is a community theater on Newfield Avenue in Stamford. Proceeds from the seventh annual "Stars" competition support the theatre.
For this year's event, 11 local celebrities/civic leaders volunteered to spend the next few months in preparation for the event. They are partnered with dance professionals from throughout the area.
Here is the lineup for this year's contest:
- Kaitlyn Tarpey of Stamford, Miss Connecticut, 2013; professional dance partner, Moises Guerrero, Arthur Murray Grande Ballroom of Greenwich.
- Jeff Brandi of Stamford, senior merchandising manager, Carollee; professional dance partner: Virginia Coker, Dance With Me, Stamford.
- Dominic Bria of Stamford, senior account executive, Salesforce.com; professional dance partner, Kelly Butler, Arthur Murray Grande Ballroom of Greenwich.
- Tammy Felenstein of Stamford, director of sales, Halstead Properties; professional dance partner, Thomas Varian, Arthur Murray Grande Ballroom of Greenwich.
- JoAnn Latorraca of Stamford and The Waters Edge at Giovanni's Restaurant; professional dance partner, Lou Lopez, Latin Moves Dance Studio.
- Stamford's Frank Lucherini, owner, Dairy Queen; professional dance partner, Edyta Kwasna, Dance With Me, Stamford.
- Lisa Maronian of Stamford, owner, Sweet Lisa's Exquisite Cakes; professional dance partner, Adria Barinaga, Dance With Me, Stamford.
- Ron Rosenfeld, of Ridgefield, owner, New Balance, New Canaan; professional dance partner, Karen Casagrande, Hotshoes.
- Jim Sabia of Stamford, retired Stamford Public Schools teacher; professional dance partner, Meredith Landphair, Dance With Me, Stamford.
- Nicole Straight of Westport, director of marketing, Marcia Selden Catering; professional dance partner, Ted Thomas, New England Academy of Dance.
- Brooke Troisi of Bloomfield, N.J., line producer, "Maury Show" and "Trisha Show, " NBC Universal's Stamford Media Center; professional dance partner, Ronny Dutra, Dance With Me, Stamford.
This fundraising event will mimic the popular television show in that there will be behind the scenes video footage of the couples in rehearsal in addition to live performances and commentary by a panel of judges that night.
Tickets and sponsorships for the event start at $125. The night will also include performances from current Curtain Call productions.
A cocktail hour, to be held at the University of Connecticut-Stamford, will feature a wide variety of top shelf food and drink provided by such area vendors as Marcia Selden Catering, Columbus Park Trattoria, napa & co., David's Soundview Catering, EOS, Sushi Charlie, Capital Grille, Heineken and Broken Shed Vodka.
For more information on tickets, sponsorships, advertising and voting, call 203-329-8207, ext 11. More information is also available on the Curtain Call website .