GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich's St. Catherine's Players are set to present the musical "Barnum."
The show traces the career of America's greatest showman from 1835 to the year he joined with James A. Bailey to form The Greatest Show on Earth. St. Catherine’s Players production of "Barnum" features music by Cy Coleman, lyrics by Michael Stewart and book by Mark Bramble.
"The circus is coming to Greenwich." a press release said. "Come one, come all to see the strongmen, a Swedish soprano, the oldest woman alive and the smallest man in the world. Come be amazed by jugglers, tumblers, stilt-walkers and clowns. Get your popcorn, peanuts and animal crackers."
Greenwich's Tony Morello plays PT Barnum and Rebecca Cooper plays Chairy Barnum to lead the cast of all ages, including Joe Guttadauro (Norwalk) as the Ringmaster, Karen Morello (Stamford) as Joyce Heth, Christina Kompar (Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y.) as Jenny Lind, Greg Suss (Old Greenwich) as Julius Goldschmidt, Marissa Caro (Greenwich) as the Blues Singer and Stephen Hohl (Greenwich) as Tom Thumb.
Performances are held at St. Catherine of Siena Lucey Parish Hall at 4 Riverside Ave. in Riverside starting at 8 p.m. Feb. 28. Shows are also set for 7:30 p.m. March 1, 2 p.m. March 2, 8 p.m. March 7, 7:30 p.m. March 8 and 2 p.m. March 9.
Tickets may be purchased online at the St. Catherine's Players website or by calling 203-637-3661 Ext. 327.
- 1 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million