GREENWICH, Conn. -- The 9th Annual Witherell Celebrity Golf Invitational, organized by the Friends of Nathaniel Witherell, will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 21, at the Griffith E. Harris Golf Course in Greenwich.
The Nathaniel Witherell is a short-term rehab and nursing center owned by the Town of Greenwich. Participating golfers and area sports celebrities include: Jeff Feagles, former veteran NFL punter and Giants Super Bowl champion; Don Herrmann, former New York Giants and New Orleans Saints wide receiver; Wes Matthews, former NBA point guard and two-time NBA champion; former heavyweight boxing contender Gerry Cooney; and Willie Upshaw, former Toronto Blue Jays first baseman. Proceeds from the event will go toward supporting critical programs and services for Witherell residents.
“This is always a terrific event,” said David Ormsby, chairman of the Friends of Nathaniel Witherell, “and it supports one of Greenwich’s community treasures.”
Golfers will enjoy lunch, followed by 18 holes of golf.
Registration begins at noon and the shotgun start is at 1 p.m. After golf, there is an awards dinner, raffle, and auction beginning at 5:30 p.m. Ticket and sponsorship prices are as follows:
- $75 – Dinner Only: includes cocktails and dinner
- $200 – Tee Sponsor: a family or business sign will be on display at a tee
- $250 – One Player: includes round of golf, lunch and dinner; you will be assigned to a foursome
- $960 – Golf Foursome: includes four player slots, carts, lunch, and dinner
- $1,050 – Golf Foursome: includes four player slots, one tee sponsorship sign, carts, lunch, and dinner
- $1,500 – Celebrity Golf Foursome: includes one celebrity golfer as a member of your foursome, one tee sponsorship sign, carts, lunch, and dinner
For further information contact Scott Neff, Witherell's Development Director, at (203) 618-4227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.