GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Department of Parks and Recreation has announced that Gunsmoke, an award-winning country band from Darien, will be in concert from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park.
In case of rain, the band will play Thursday, July 17, instead.
Gunsmoke was formed in 1982 in Fairfield County and has been named Band of the Year for six years straight by the New York Metro Country Music Association. The Darien-based band plays new country hits and older types of swing, shuffles, twang and more. Gunsmoke was chosen to entertain President George H.W. Bush in 1994 and President George W. Bush in 2002.
The public is welcome to bring food and drinks and blankets to watch the concert. Future Wednesday night concerts will be The Bearcats Jazz Band on Aug. 5 and In Harmony singing doo-wop music of the 1950s and ’60s. All the concerts will be at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park.
For more information, call the Recreation Office at 618-6479 or visit the website at www.greenwichct.org. To check for cancellation, call 861-6100 after 4 p.m.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich