GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich's Second Congregational Church will host a performance by The Crescent City Ramblers as part of a Mardi Gras-inspired celebration on Sunday, March 2, beginning with worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The five-piece band will lead churchgoers in singing such hymns as “Just a Closer Walk with Thee,” “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” and “When the Saints Go Marching In.” In addition, the Crescent City Ramblers will accompany the church’s Chancel Choir on Southern gospel anthems.
After the service, the band will continue to play Dixieland favorites as churchgoers enjoy refreshments.
Later in the week, the church will usher in Lent with a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper and an Ash Wednesday service.
The Second Congregational Church is located at 139 E. Putnam Ave. in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich