GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich's Second Congregational Church will host a performance by The Crescent City Ramblers as part of a Mardi Gras-inspired celebration on Sunday, March 2, beginning with worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The five-piece band will lead churchgoers in singing such hymns as “Just a Closer Walk with Thee,” “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” and “When the Saints Go Marching In.” In addition, the Crescent City Ramblers will accompany the church’s Chancel Choir on Southern gospel anthems.
After the service, the band will continue to play Dixieland favorites as churchgoers enjoy refreshments.
Later in the week, the church will usher in Lent with a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper and an Ash Wednesday service.
The Second Congregational Church is located at 139 E. Putnam Ave. in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton