GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich's Second Congregational Church will host a performance by The Crescent City Ramblers as part of a Mardi Gras-inspired celebration on Sunday, March 2, beginning with worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The five-piece band will lead churchgoers in singing such hymns as “Just a Closer Walk with Thee,” “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” and “When the Saints Go Marching In.” In addition, the Crescent City Ramblers will accompany the church’s Chancel Choir on Southern gospel anthems.
After the service, the band will continue to play Dixieland favorites as churchgoers enjoy refreshments.
Later in the week, the church will usher in Lent with a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper and an Ash Wednesday service.
The Second Congregational Church is located at 139 E. Putnam Ave. in Greenwich.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 3 Greenwich Cheerleader Named To National Society Of High School Scholars
- 4 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 5 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus