GREENWICH, Conn. -- Spend some quality time with mom and get some exercise and fresh air at the same time as the Old Greenwich-Riverside Community Center hosts the 12th annual Mother's Day Bike Ride at Old Greenwich Elementary School on Sunday, May 11, at 8:30 a.m.
Moms and kids are invited to take a bike ride on an easy, flat 6.1-mile path from Old Greenwich to Tod's Point and back again.
The event was started by Greenwich Safe Cycling as a way to educate kids and adults about good biking behavior, how to share the road and how to maintain safe equipment.
Many local bike shops will be on hand at registration to check out bikes, do safety inspections, check helmets and show people how to best be safe on the roads. Other local businesses will be at the school with giveaways, food, live music, sampling and more.
Online discounted pre-registration is open now with adult tickets at $10 and children under 12 at $5. Cash-only sign-up at the event will cost $15 for adults and $10 for kids.
Entry fees go directly to the Old Greenwich-Riverside Community Center Scholarship Fund.
Check-in at the school will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the festivities will go on till 10:30. The first 200 people to check-in will receive a free event T-shirt.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday