GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Greenwich’s Christopher A. Sinclair!
Sinclair, who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 64 on Friday. The businessman was born Sept. 5, 1950, in Hong Kong.
He spent 20 years at PepsiCo. In 1989, at the age of 38, he became CEO of Pepsi International, making him the youngest executive in company history. He was promoted in 1993 to run worldwide operations for the $65 billion food and beverage maker. Sinclair retired as CEO of Pepsi-Cola and the board of directors in 1996 at the age of 45.
Since his tenure at PepsiCo, Sinclair has served as CEO of Quality Food Centers, a West Coast supermarket chain backed by billionaire Samuel Zell's Equity Group.
He is a former director of Foot Locker, eMerge Interactive, F.W. Woolworth Co., Merisant Co. (Equal Sugar), and Perdue Farms.
He has served as a trustee at Brunswick School and Vermont Academy, on the Board of Overseers at the Tuck School of Business, and on the Parents' Boards at Wake Forest University and Duke University.
He is founder and chairman of Scandent Group, the privately owned holding company that owns Cambridge Solutions.
He is the current chairman of the executive committee of Mattel, the world's largest toy company.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists