GREENWICH, Conn. -- Four Greenwich residents are among the 500 richest people in the world, according to a newly released list from Forbes.
Bridgewater Associates founder Ray Dalio ranked 69th in the world on the list with a net worth of $14.4 billion. He moved up the list from 76th last year. Bridgewater Associates is based in Westport.
Despite recent insider trading convictions of several of his employees at Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors, company founder and Greenwich resident Steve Cohen also moved up the Forbes list to 107th. He is listed with a net worth of $11 billion.
Interactive Brokers founder Thomas Peterffy made a huge jump on the world's richest list, rising 101 spots since last year as the 147th richest person in the world. Peterffy has a net worth of $8.8 billion, according to Forbes.
Rounding out the Fairfield County residents on the Forbes list is Greenwich's Paul Tudor Jones II. Jones also made his way up the list to 345th in the world from 376th. The Tudor Investment Corp. founder reportedly has a net worth of $4.3 billion.
The world's top billionaires have an aggregate wealth of $6.4 trillion, Forbes said. At the top of the list is Bill Gates of Medina, Wash. The 58-year-old founder of Microsoft is worth $76 billion. He was No. 2 on the list last year.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton