FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County is home to eight of the wealthiest people in the nation – seven of whom live in Greenwich, according to the newly released 32nd Annual Forbes 400 Ranking of the Richest Americans.
Ray Dalio of Greenwich ranked at No. 31 on the Forbes list, as the wealthiest Connecticut resident, with a net worth of $12.9 billion. Steve Cohen and Thomas Peterffy were also among the Top 100 on the list.
Notably, only one Connecticut resident on the list did not live in Fairfield County -- Karen Pritzker of Branford with a net work of $3.3 billion from hotels. The following Fairfield County residents were ranked on the Forbes 400 ranking:
- No. 31 – Ray Dalio of Greenwich, 64. Net Worth: $12.9 billion (hedge funds)
- No. 43 – Steve Cohen of Greenwich, 57. Net Worth: $9.4 billion (hedge funds)
- No. 65 – Thomas Peterffy of Greenwich, 68; Net Worth: $6.4 billion (discount brokerage)
- No. 130 – Paul Tudor Jones II of Greenwich, 58. Net Worth: $3.7 billion (hedge funds)
- No. 193 – Peter Buck of Danbury, 82. Net Worth: $2.8 billion (Subway restaurants)
- No. 314 – Stephen Mandel Jr. of Greenwich,, 57. Net Worth: $1.8 billion (hedge funds)
- No. 382 – Mario Gabelli of Greenwich,, 71. Net Worth: $1.35 billion (money management)
- No. 386 – C. Dean Metropoulos of Greenwich, 67. Net Worth: $1.3 billion (investments)
To see the full list, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.