GREENWICH, Conn. -- Many people were honored at Greenwich Chamber of Commerce's annual Awards Luncheon.
School Resource Officer Carlos Franco was recognized as the 2016 Greenwich Chamber of Commerce Police Officer of the year.
The Greenwich Fire Department and Greenwich Emergency Medical Service also had members recognized for their service by the Chamber of Commerce.
Greenwich Youth Services Coordinator Jenny Byxbee was recognized for the R. Michael Dunne Quality of Life Award. She is a partner with the Greenwich Police Department and helps manage the Greenwich Juvenile Review Board.
Sergeant Mark Zuccerella commented that without Franco and Byxbee's contributions, many of the services provided by the Greenwich Police Special Victims Section could not be done.
Additional awards and award recipients include:
- Corporate Leadership Award, Terry Betteridge, Betteridge Jewelers presents to Charles Hilton Architects
- Non-profit Leadership Award, Deborah Mecky, Greenwich Historical Society presents to Wendy Blumenthal/Lori Jackson, Greenwich United Way
- R. Michael Dunne, Quality of Life Award: Charles and Deborah Royce present to Jenny Byxbee, Greenwich Youth Services Director
- Harry Keleshian, Small Business Award: Alyssa Keleshian; Dan Puffer presents to Rudy's Executive Transportation
- Malcolm S. Pray Excellence in Business Award: Sabrina Pray Forsythe presents to Greenwich Sentinel
- Public Service Awards: Peter Siecienski, Fire Chief presents to Whitney Welch
- Mark Marino, Deputy Chief of Police presents to Carlos Franco
- Charlee Tufts, Executive Director EMS presents to James Anderson-Paramedic and Craig Staffeldt-EMT