NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The launch of the Glass House Design Store, which celebrates the structure of New Canaan’s iconic Glass House, will be celebrated Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the new shop downtown.
The Glass House Design Store offers a selection of books, furniture, objects and works that represent the sensibility and ideas that inform the Glass House, according to the shop’s website.
It was launched Aug. 26 as a collaboration with Moss Bureau, a design advisory service, and the Glass House.
“Inspired by ‘Machine Art,’ a legendary exhibition organized by Philip Johnson for the Museum of Modern Art in 1934, the Glass House Design Store celebrates Johnson’s curatorial vision through its rigorous offering,” the website said.
The Glass House, built in 1949, is a National Trust Historic Site. The 49-acre landscape comprises 14 structures, including the Glass House, and features a permanent collection of 20th-century painting and sculpture, along with temporary exhibitions.
Visitors can meet collaboration Murray Moss and his team, along with the editors of Moffly Media. Champagne and hors d’oeuvres will be served at the Thursday event.
The Glass House Design Store is located at 199 Elm St., New Canaan.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Greenwich Will See Steady Rain Then Rapidly Falling Temps
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Greenwich