FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Black Friday – and the huge sales that define it – looms close on the horizon.
Are you shopping on Black Friday?
Yes: Looking forward to lining up with other bargain hunters.7%
I'm shopping online this year!24%
And some stores are treating Thanksgiving as Gray Thursday: Several retailers, including Target, Walmart and Toys ‘R’ Us, will open hours before midnight on Thanksgiving, so that Black Friday shoppers can take advantage of deep discounts before the national day of shopping even begins.
Here is a list of just some of the large retailers throughout Fairfield County that are tempting crowds to shop early:
• Target, with locations Bethel, Stamford and Trumbull, opens at 9 p.m. Thursday.
• Walmart, with locations Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford, opens at 8 p.m. Thursday.
• Best Buy, with locations in Danbury and Norwalk, opens at midnight Friday. Shoppers arriving at 10 p.m. Thursday will get tickets for their places in line.
• GameStop, with locations in Danbury, Norwalk, Stamford, Fairfield and Westport, opens at midnight Friday.Dick’s Sporting Goods, at the Danbury Fair Mall, opens at midnight Friday.
• Modell’s, in Fairfield and Stamford, opens at midnight Friday.
• Macy’s, with locations at the malls in Danbury, Stamford and Trumbull, opens midnight Friday.
• EMS, with locations at the Danbury Mall in Danbury and in Fairfield and Stamford, opens 8 a.m. Friday.
• Home Depot, with stores in Danbury, Fairfield, Norwalk, Trumbull and Stratford, opens at 5 a.m. Friday.
If you’re more interested in avoiding the hordes of wild deal hunters, some websites, such as Black Friday Ads, are devoted entirely to updating, comparing and linking to the new deals popping up at various stores. Other websites, like Amazon, have entire sections of its site devoted to the annual deals, which update each day.
Is the list of potential shopping targets making you tired even before you’ve left the house? Not to worry: many Dunkin' Donuts will be open as early as 4 a.m. on Black Friday, and some as early as 12 a.m. You’ll need the caffeine: Cyber Monday is just around the corner.
- 1 Time Warner CEO Buys Waterfront Home In Greenwich For $19 Million
- 2 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 3 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 4 Greenwich Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast