NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A touch of British style is coming soon to New Canaan.
Jack Wills University Outfitters, a clothing and home accessories store, is preparing to open downtown in the former Lang’s Pharmacy on Elm Street, according to the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce. Jack Wills has a dozen American locations, including stores in Westport and Greenwich.
The town is happy to have Jack Wills on board, said Laura Budd, a marketing associate for the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce. “We are always happy to welcome new businesses and think they will bring something new to town,” she said. “We’re thrilled that our shoppers get a different choice.”
Jack Wills offers men’s and women’s clothing as well as home accessories. It joins several clothing stores, including Polo Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, Jos. A. Bank and Rugby.
The retail space had been vacant since March, when Lang’s owner Diana Levison abruptly closed the shop and sold the New Canaan portion of her business to Walgreens, which has a pharmacy on Pine Street. Levison still operates Lang’s Pharmacy in Weston.
Budd said she and Chamber Executive Director Tucker Murphy have yet to meet with officials from Jack Wills, but they plan to speak with them about becoming chamber members.
Kate Richards, a regional manager for Jack Wills, could not be reached for comment Wednesday.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 3 Greenwich Yankee Fans Tip Their Hats To Derek Jeter
- 4 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 5 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus